Sunday, December 9, 2007

Abuelito

Over Thanksgiving, my father met Gemma for the first time.  It was quite emotional and an extremely important event for the whole family but especially for me, my father and Gemmita.  



Translation:

Thank you, my Lord, for this wish that you have granted me
I praise you and bless you for such a marvelous thing
For this little person
For this jewel

I ask you Lord that you bless her always 
Straighten her roads
Shorten her paths, Lord Jesus
You brought her here for something
And something you will make of her
Unleash all of your love, all of your blessings, all of your protection on her
and her adoring parents, Rosaura and Scott

I give you thanks, Lord, because you granted me my wish of meeting her
and to tell you, Lord Jesus Christ, how Great you are, how Great you are
How will I ever repay you
So many blessings
I thought I would never arrive at this point
But I have arrived... and now I can leave
Whenever you wish

Thank you, my Lord, for the beauty, for the love, for the affection...
For all these things...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started crying when I saw the video.My grandpa is an amazing man and I love him so much. I remember when he used to pick me up from school and take me to the old man at the corner who sold eloties. He would always have everything on it! He would talk to everyone that was around him and used to tell them about me and my family. How beautiful I'am and how he is so blessed. I just know That I'am blessed to have such a wonderful grandpa and family. Beautiful gemma got a great memory even if she doesn't remember...~f

Anonymous said...

I am happy that Gemma aka Scottita got to meet Dad. I was not there, so I too was crying when I viewed this. Very emotional.

Anonymous said...

This is so special...

Ellie

Anonymous said...

Everything comes together in this prayer. Ends and beginnings meet. The circle is complete no matter what kind of pain or love that preceded this very event of Gemmita's birth. I'm so touched, and crying out loud. Be blessed angel Gemmita, Scott, Rose and the rest of the Sandoval family.

Anonymous said...

Rosie, thank you for arriving early before Thanksgiving to help on "House Projects" at the Parents. Thank you for this video of Dad and Gemma. It was such a blessing to have Phil, Gonzo, Mom, Gemma, Rosie and yours truly there with Cameras in hand to capture the "Blessing of the Child" by Dad. I remember back when Dad drove me for three years, faithfully, to Pasadena High School every weekday Dad and I would enjoy our ride to school with donuts and hot chocolate in hand and sing our favorite song together-"I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder. I will never forget! Dad is a true "Macho Man" and can be very cruel at times but I will only remember the happy and joyous times that Dad and I spent together! Viva Mexico ****, well you know the rest. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Life can only get better! God bless America and Your Family too.
Love Always,
Carmel

Anonymous said...

I was touched to see the beautiful images & hear mi Tios heartfelt words. I am moved by his raw energy and to see it blend with Gemmitas pure innocence was even more special. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing these precious moments, it truly makes the world a better place.
Merry Christmas to all. Y como dice mi Tio, VIVA MEXICO...!!!
amor y paz,
- Augie