Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day! Happy 27 weeks!

This weekend has been one of just relaxing and chilling out with Scott. We've eaten one of his favorite meals (tacos made at home), watched one of his favorite shows ("Studio 360" and I'm sure tonight we'll watch "My Name is Earl" and "Robot Chicken Star Wars Special"), slept in, read in bed, and today I think he plans to either play video games and or program for fun. :)

As for me, I'm really happy to be at 27 weeks - 3rd trimester and in the home stretch! Our Gemma (we decided on 2 m's) continues to grow and she's almost 2 lbs and about 14.4 inches long head-to-toe. She can now open and close her eyes and is starting to have regular sleep patterns. I love when Scott calls her "Mambo Queen" when she's moving around a lot. :) We have a doctor's appointment later this week so we'll know more of her stats then.

This past week was really hectic but at the same time fun. I was in LA for work (recording voice-over for our next game and doing motion capture auditions). Our director called me the morning of our auditions (@5am) saying he wouldn't be able to make it because his wife was in labor - 2 weeks early! Well, that put me and our casting director into overdrive and we sprang into action. We scrambled to figure out a casting script, borrow a video camera, buy tapes and we winged it! We survived and we were able to get some great actors on tape and move the project forward.

While I was in LA I was able to see my family - they came to the Sheraton in Burbank to hang out with me. I really missed them and it was great to see them. In the photos are Sophia (9) and Katharina (5) with me above, my mother Carmen, my sister Maria with me in the water, Isabella (7), and Francesca (15 today! :) with my sister Carmen.

Oh, and btw, I this was the first time swimming with Gemma and it felt great.

1 comment:

Marichuy said...

Rosie you looked so cute in your bathing suit! Me and the girls had such a wonderful time! I was happy that we were able to get together :-)