Sunday, July 22, 2007

32 Weeks and Growing!

We are are solidly in the single digits of weeks left! OCHO! 8!
This past week, just like the last few, has flown by. I can tell she's growing as her movements have become much more pronounced and frequent. Apparently she's a little less than 4 lbs and about 17 inches long! :) Sometimes she kicks/moves in such a way that I feel like I'm getting a bolt of lightning shooting through my lower abs (and below!). It is shocking to say the least!

Recently I've been having painful leg cramps in the middle of the night. Not fun. But I have been taking that as an opportunity to practice my labor strategy -

stay calm and breath through it.

One night just as one leg finished cramping up and I thought it was over, the other one started. Ouch! I guess it is good practice for the the real deal! hahaha!

We had a doctor's this week appointment. This time we were seen by Dr. Hoff's Nurse Practitioner - Kate Price. She was very knowledgeable and friendly with us and instantly made us feel comfortable. I had mentioned that our prenatal vitamins were kinda expensive and if she could recommend other ones. She said that almost all of them are about the same but some go down easier than others. I've tried the over-the-counter ones but they were really hard to swallow so I switched to the prescription one. To help us out, after our visit, she proceeded to give us a TON of sampler packages to tide us over for a L O N G time. Anything helps, right? :)

Ok, here are my stats for this visit:
* 100/60= My blood pressure. It is low but good and apparently I have a loud pulse. :)
* The skin tag they took off last time came back normal
* My urine was back to normal - no sign of sugar this time
* 142 = Gemma's heart rate. Good!
* 1 lb = My weight gain since last visit. So I'm averaging basically one lb per week. I'm feeling good about it.

Also, apparently my circulation is doing pretty well. She even complimented me on my ankles - she was happy to see that we could still see my bones. Cool!

This Thursday we'll get to see Gemma. We'll be getting an ultrasound to check on the placement of my placenta. I hope it has moved up! :) Wish us luck!

Oh, and we also made an appointment for a pediatrician at the Fremont office (2 minutes away from us). Her name is Dr. Donna McMilan and she comes highly recommended by some friends of ours who have two very healthy children. Looking at her bio, she's a Yale Med School grad, did her residency at Stanford, has a toddler of her own and speaks Spanish! SWEET! We get to meet her Thursday as well.

Lots of good stuff happening!

Love to all!

No comments: