Saturday, July 7, 2007

The big 3 0

Well, we've hit the 30 week mark. Wow! :) We are both feeling good. The calm before the storm! LOL! 10 more weeks to go, it is going to go fast especially with my busy schedule at work. We are just about to start production on cinematics for our next game. In fact I'll be in LA again next week to do motion capture rehearsals and recording. Fun! One side benefit is that I'll get to see mi familia again. :)

This week we had a regular check up with our wonderful Dr. Hoff. Things went really well. The only issue we had was that my sugar was a little high. He wasn't too concerned with it but he will keep an eye on it. With diabetes on both sides of my family, it wouldn't be out of the question to have me be affected by it. But so far so good - I'm thinking positively.

I also had him take off a skin tag I had growing on my thigh. Apparently a lot of pregnant woman experience this with all the extra skin we are growing. He froze it, snipped it off, very easy. What I found interesting about the experience was that it gave me and Scott a glimpse of what we will be experiencing when we give birth because he had me in the position, ya know. I got a little nervous/excited at the thought. It was great to have him there by my side - we both smiled about it after.

Another funny note is that for Dr. Hoff's patients he's posted up a bunch of comics about birth and pregnancy up on his ceiling so that we can laugh a little and be distracted when we are waiting or he's examining us. He was a good sport to let me take a picture of him:
Ok, here are my stats for the visit:
  • Blood pressure = 112/70
  • Gemma's heart rate = 166 (she was moving around a lot and the doctor said her heart rate was normal for the activity)
  • I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks! She's definitely growing and gaining her much-needed baby fat!
In 3 weeks we will have another ultrasound to check how where my placenta is laying. I'm thinking positively about his too!

No comments: