Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gemma - 1 week old

Today Gemma is officially 1 week old. :)

She's a really tranquil and sweet baby (so far). :) She makes funny noises and makes us laugh every day. Sometimes I can't believe she's ours!!!!

We know these first 2 weeks she's going to sleep a lot and we are enjoying our newborn honeymoon.

Scott went back to work today for 1/2 of the day. Our plan is that he'd return to work half time for the next 6 weeks instead of doing full time with me for 3. We read in 'The Happiest Baby on the Block' about how newborn fussiness increases starting at 2 weeks and peaks at 6 weeks. So I really wanted the support to be spread out. Day 1 was ok. :)

Today I also ventured out for the first time alone. I was nervous. I drove soooo slowly. It was funny to me that I didn't care if I annoyed other drivers - I wanted to drive as safely as possible. And I chose a very short drive.

Just around the corner from us is Washington Hospital's Childbirth & Family Services center where they have moms' groups, classes and clinics. Today I went there to their free 'Latch Clinic'. It was great to be with other woman nursing and asking questions of the lactation consultants and each other. I met some really nice women and learned more about breastfeeding! What was really super cool was that gave us access to their very sensitive baby scale and we were able to see how much the baby drank. I felt relieved to know that our Gemma is a good eater and that she's getting enough to eat. In the one session there she ate 2.5 oz.

She's gained her original birth weight back now. :)

That's about all the news I have for now. Hope all is well with everyone.

7 comments:

Marichuy said...

Gemma is so cute! She has changed from the last time I saw her. Make sure you give her some kisses on behalf of her Tia Maria.

Anonymous said...

Back to birth weight by the end of the first week? That's impressive!

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Tellina said...

Rosie!!!!!! Congratulations Momma!!!!
She is adorable and I can't wait to meet her.

XOXO - Tellina

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you went on an outting w/ Gemma. Did you have your Baby on Board sign?

Anonymous said...

Wow Rosie!

You are a real pro at this and I am happy that you are making good use of all of your resources! Gemma looks a lot like you! I am really happy that everything has gone smoothly for you! Welcome to the mommy club!

Love, Lucia

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie! I am glad that the entire family is doing well. After a while the parents' sleep becomes over-rated :-) Just keep on smiling and try to rest when she does.

Con todo cariƱo,

Rolando

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from all of us on the Jazz Camp Board! We are so happy for all three of you and look forward to our summers together!