Friday, August 3, 2007

Everything is in Bloom!

We have a flower explosion in our tiny garden. And my belly seems to be blossoming too. :) We've never had a garden before, well, one that survived, so we are super excited about this one taking. Thanks again to Scott's parents for helping us out and planting it for us.
Yesterday we had another good visit with our wonderful doctor. Everything is moving along really well. Each time we meet Dr. Hoff, I'm reassured we made the right decision in switching doctors. He's open to all our ideas - he's fine with me giving birth in a squat position, holding off on the IV to allow me to move around freely, avoiding an episiotomy, not cutting the umbilical cord right away, not taking the baby away right away for measuring and stuff, and in general, not being rushed... I feel good! :)

These past 2 weeks I did also blossom and gained 4 lbs! Eeeks. Magda, one of my best friends, reminded me that right now I am not in control of my body, the baby is. She'll do and take what she needs right now. It was a good reminder. Gracias Magda!

Some stats:
* My blood pressure = 102/62
* Gemma's heart rate = 155 (she's gonna be a wildcat!)
* My fundal length (pelvic bone to top of uterus) = 32 cm
* Weight gain = 4 lbs.

We are off today to visit mi familia in LA. They are throwing us a baby shower. We are excited to see them all. It will be the last time I see the whole family before Gemma arrives in 6 more weeks.

We'll be taking the scenic route down the 101 and stopping 1/2 way in San Luis Obispo tonight at the Apple Farm Inn. It is a little more flowery than we are used to but it comes highly recommended. Something new for us to try. :) We'll make the rest of the way to LA Saturday morning. Looking forward to it all.

Abrazos y besos a todos!

No comments: